I remembered I did a post a long time ago about the weather in Houston. I think I posted a picture with a news image of it being 100 degrees Fahrenheit for the week, with charts of record drought in Texas and huge wildlife fires because of it...
How different it is in London, or the UK for that matter.
When we arrived in April we had the feeling it rained, A LOT. Luckily it was not just us, we got confirmation: April was the wettest month on record. After that, May seemed to be an average UK spring month with fair amounts of rain. But then again June... According to the Guardian: "June was the wettest since records began, with double the average rain falling during the month, the Met Office has said. Provisional figures showed Britain received 145.3mm (5.7 inches) during June, beating the previous record of 136.2mm (5.4 inches) seen in June 2007. It is the second month this year to see record-breaking amounts of rain, after April became the wettest in records dating back more than a century to 1910."
I must admit I am a bit homesick for the Houston summer: HOT, sticky, sunny, with endless blue skies. I really do miss it, although the people left behind think it is crazy. What I think I even miss most perhaps, is running outside in the warm weather, sun on my back, sweat trickling in my eyes, and gazing up in the blue sky, thinking how pretty the trees look in the sun.
Ah well, I guess I am also slightly nostalgic today.