It is the only time in the week I exercise, as otherwise I am either at work, or spending time with Dirk, Mees and Lina who I do not see that often! I decided long ago I would rather spend time with them than by myself in the gym, if I have a couple of hours to spare.
So safe to say the Sunday morning run is treasured by me and it is quite a delightful route with some of the best of London on display on what has been mostly sunny mornings so far. The Thames is really very lovely on that particular part. Lots of green, pretty houses, large number of rowing clubs and good pathways.
So when two colleagues of mine set themselves a goal to run a half marathon which runs along the Thames, I decided to join the effort... even though my training routine would not be much else than running once a week 8.2 miles... So tomorrow is the big day. The two colleagues have opted out in the mean time - but I am still going to give it a try. Just downloaded a lot of "stimulating music" so hopefully that will keep me going during the last 5 miles :-).
Did it!!

